Our rehab specialist will be performing 30 minute stretching sessions. You do not need an
appointment with one of the doctors to do the stretching session, it is open to everyone. Come on in and witness what stretching can do for you!
When muscles are tight, they pull on the areas of your body they are attached to, such as your bones. Tissues that have lost their extensibility can cause functional limitations, pain, and sometimes injury. Performed on a regular basis, stretching has many benefits, the most notable being flexibility. Adding a stretching routine to your everyday life or a comprehensive conditioning program can have beneficial effects on special conditions as well as athletic performance.
Some beneficial effects of regular stretching include:
- increased flexibility & joint mobility
- which may decrease muscle and joint pain
- aid in the prevention of Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness
- improves balance & coordination
- increases blood flow to muscles
- improves posture
- improved athletic performance
- stress relief